CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

HOME IMPROVEMENT part 1

So now that we know we are staying here in Denver for a while we decided to do some upgrades to the old homestead... We pulled up the carpet in the dining room and in the living room and with the help of some great guys from our Church.. we installed laminate wood floors.

Ripping up the carpet! Are you sure we know what we are doing?

There it goes.. up and...


out of here...

The install starts.

Tommy is measuring.. turns out he might not be the best guy for that task.. Just kidding Tommy!

The last of it is going in.. isn't is PURDY?

Is that Brandon using power tools? nice cut Brandon!

I think they look beautiful. Thanks to Tommy, Clint, Brandon and Clark for helping with the install and the use of tools! We are most grateful! I was surprised at how fast it all went. They started at about 9am and were done by 2. Dakota and I took a little trip to Chuck E Cheese.. I am not sure who had a harder time the guys or me running after Dakota at Chuck E Cheese. But we had a good time.

I guess I should mention that my living room was in disaray for days. My couches were in the hall way.. the dining room table in the kitchen.. the chairs and other furniture were in Dakota's room. We are slowly getting things back to a normal state. On top of that Peter got sick on Wednesday night.. we had a huge snow storm thurs... what an adventure it has been.

The second part of our home improvement project is.. PAINTING. This is more of me than for anyone else. I HATE white walls. I think walls need life! So once again I have a yellow dining room and kitchen which I had in Charleston too... Although there are no pictures of me painting I did most of the work. Peter did rescue me in doing the trim... he is great! But we are also going to be painting the living room.. so more pictures to follow. I am so happy it's getting all done!

Here is the bare white walls of my dining room...

my wonderful husband smiling while getting the trim~ The color is all off in this picture. I do not have orange walls!

There the color is much better!.. Peter blends in with the wallThere are my beautiful yellow walls! I love it!

6 comments:

Mrs. X said...

It looks fabulous!! I love the happy yellow dining room too!

Anna said...

eek! I'm jealous! Your home improvement looks so nice. I love yellow and had it in our Charleston home too! I can't wait to see what you do next.

Sarah said...

Looks great!

mitch, pam and the rhoadants said...

I love your home improvements! The floor looks great, and the yellow dining room reminds me of my yellow bedroom growing up - so bright and cheery! Good work.

Laus said...

way to get things done!!! :)

Unknown said...

hey jen! it looks good, now david and i just need to come and visit!

add me as your friend or whatever. i'm not sure how this blog thing works yet, but i do know that you're not following me!