CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The End has come.....

I have spent the last 8 years of my life devoted to the United States of America. I have had great time, wonderful memories, and life long friends. I am sadden to say that my time as a United States Sailor has come to an end. I just found out that March 17, 2009 I will hang up my uniform for good. It was not in the cards for me to stay in. Due to over manning in my job field I am being involuntarly separated.
I have loved my time as a sailor. I have seen things and been place I never dreamed I would have seen or done. I am grateful for my service. And if I could stay I would. I am grateful that I was able to be stationed in Florida, to meet Corey and Timi who never stopped believing in me. I am grateful for the experiences I had in Mississippi, with Bishop White. I found my way back to Christ there is the hills of Mississippi. I was able to find the love of my life in Charleston, and found very dear and precious friends in Denver. I am most grateful to my family for their support and love over the last 8 years. Time really does fly by. I will always remember how I feel putting on my uniform, knowing that I am part of something so wonderful. I am grateful for this Country. I have given of my time and my freedom to ensure that of my friends and family. I am grateful for what this Country stands for. I will never forget where I was on 9/11. I will always remember my time spent on board the USS John F. Kennedy. And how I felt when I was able to say that I was able to protect this Country. I love this country. I love and honor the flag and what it stands for. I am afraid that those coming behind me do not look at the flag of this nation for what she stands for. I am honored to have been a United States Sailor. I am sad for what I am leaving behind. I am excited for the future. I am praying that all works out for us.. I am excited to stay in the Denver area a little while longer. I am grateful all of your support.

4 comments:

Laus said...

Just the end of Navy life for you has come...but your life will go on and you'll continue to accomplish great things and find joy!! I love you and I hope things will work out in such a way that your family is happy! :)

James and Lauren said...

wow! that is crazy... so what now?

The Moyers said...

Sad...let us know what happens next!

mitch, pam and the rhoadants said...

You have been a fine and dedicated sailor...our country was lucky to have you serving us. THANK YOU!!! I will never forget the excellent presentation you gave to the Young Women of our ward about what it was like to serve in the military - you rock! I'm sure this new chapter of your life will be thrilling and exciting and I know that you will succeed at whatever you do! You are so talented and such a hard-worker. I expect great things from you! PS. Your bog is great!